Monday, December 1, 2008

The First Script

As promised, here's the script for the first issue. The script for the second issue will be up later, as well as art for the second issue(none for the first):


Into The Mystic Issue #1

Chris Jones

Page 1, Panel 1: A young man (Lyle) sits on a bench in the park, with a guitar. It’s fairly far away from the kid, and it’s around sunset. He’s playing the guitar, people are walking past him. It’s not a busy hour, but there are still plenty of people. Note that there’s no receptacle for him to get money for his guitar playing. He’s about 15 years old, in a bomber jacket, with brown hair. He’s maybe 5’7, 140 pounds. He looks quite into what he’s singing, a Radiohead song. He’s playing an Austin Bazaar 38” black guitar.

Narrative Box(Lyle): I’m not doing this because I want people to give me money.

Lyle(singing): Two jumps in a week, I bet you think that’s pretty clever, doooooon’t you boy…

Panel 2: We’re behind Lyle now, still at a distance. We see people passing in front of him, and we can’t see his face really well. We just know that he’s intense about what he’s singing.

Narrative Box: I’m not doing this because I got this guitar on Amazon for like forty bucks and wanted to test it out.

Lyle: Flying on your motorcycle, watching all the ground beneath you drooooooppppp…

Panel 3: We’re closer to Lyle now, the shot situated directly in front of him. He’s tapping his foot up and down. Maybe we have people entering and exiting the panel why he’s playing the song?

Narrative Box: I’m not doing this because my girlfriend lives two cities away and hasn’t called me in like a week.

Lyle: You’d kill yourself for recognition, kill yourself to never, ever stoooooooop…

Panel 4: Now we’re pretty much at a side angle on Lyle’s face, with very little else in the shot, save for maybe a tree and a trash can in the background, or some other parkish thing. He’s really getting into it now.

Narrative Box: I’m not doing this because I want somebody outside of my little cult of friends to acknowledge that I exist.

Lyle: You broke another mirror, you’re turning into something yoouuu arrrreee nooooootttt…

Panel 5: We’re at about the angle we were in Panel 3, maybe just a little bit closer, and an empty can of soda has just flown through the air and beaned Lyle on the side of the head. He is noticeably displeased about this.

Narrative Box: I’m not doing this because I don’t like who I see in the mirror, and think that if somebody else likes me, maybe I will too.

Lyle: So don’t leave me hiiiiiiigh….don’t leave me drrryyyyyyy-Agh! What the hell-?!

Page 2: Splash page. Lyle’s sitting on the bench, hunched over, clutching the neck of his guitar. A large, jockish character is walking away with a girl around his arm and the girl is laughing. Lyle’s staring directly at the reader at this point, bitterly.

Jock: Hey, kid! You SUCK!

Girl: Aww, that’s so mean-!

Narrative Box: I’ve never even seen this guy before. I can’t have been playing THAT badly, can I?

HOUSE PARTY-PART 1


Page 3, Panel 1: Lyle just looks sad now, holding his guitar limply at his side, staring at the ground. There are little motion marks by his jeans pocket, indicating a cellphone buzz.

N.B: In some ways, I guess I should be grateful that ANYONE notices me, because I have pretty much no personality aside from being a whiny loser. At least, that’s how I see it.

SFX: Brrrrrzzzz

Panel 2: A hand, looking down at the cell phone screen. Pretty much nothing else besides the hand holding the cell phone and the screen is visible.

Screen: party 2nite u comin?

N.B: I keep hoping Miranda will call me. Instead, it’s my friend Jared.

Panel 3: Lyle’s face, looking contemplative. We can see him gripping the cell phone, still. It’s a shot essentially from the arm up.

N.B: Jared’s an asshole. At one party he promised me that he was going to get me laid and then locked me in an empty room for twenty minutes while he gathered up all the drunk hotties and got blown more times in one evening than most guys do in a span of six months. I’d be an idiot to let him talk me into going to another one.

Panel 4: Kind of a hazy panel of Lyle standing in a room that’s pretty much invisible to the viewer except for the door frame and what’s outside of it, which is Jared mildly drunk and some women who are severely drunk fawning around him. Lyle is standing just in front of them, three quarters view, hunched over, clutching a bottle of vodka, looking cock-eyed and concentrated into the room. It should be pretty comical.

Jared: I’m telling you, man, there’s a…ghost, right there, and you can only see him if you stare at him for like…half an hour.

Jared(2): I’m gonna go do stuff.

Lyle: ‘Kay.

Panel 5: Pretty much the same panel except that the door has slammed shut and we just see Lyle now.

Panel 6: Lyle looks out at the reader, kind of stupefied.

Panel 7: Lyle’s carrying the guitar on his back, walking away from the park down the path. People are traversing through the background, with Lyle holding a cigarette in one hand and fumbling with a lighter in another.

N.B: Well, what else am I going to do with my time, go to school? Not fucking likely.

Page 4: I’d like this page to be set up more vertically than the others, with a series of smaller, square panels going down it as opposed to a normal layout.

Panel 1: Lyle’s sitting at his desk with a teacher standing over him, profile view. He’s awkwardly searching through his backpack, papers flying out all over his desk.

Box: Period 1

Lyle: Look, I KNOW I packed it this morning. Just give me a minute, I know it’s in here-

Panel 2: Lyle is leaning over his desk, staring at the exposed thong strings of the girl sitting in front of him. He’s got kind of a sheepish smile on his face, with the girl turning around, looking at him as any girl would look at some weirdo looking at her ass.

Box: Period 4

Balloon(off panel): Lyle? Can you repeat to the class what I just said? Lyle?

Panel 3: Lyle is sitting in front of a window, his mouth wide open and drool coming out of his mouth, his head leaned back and slumping over the back of the chair. The kid sitting next to him is asleep also, his head passed out on Lyle’s desk.

Box: Period 6

Teacher: So if we carry the four and divide by six…

Panel 4: Lyle is sitting in his desk, staring intently at his watch. Once again, everyone around him is laughing, and once again, the teacher casts an imposing silhouette over Lyle.

Box: Period 8

Lyle: As a matter of fact, I don’t think it would be at ALL unreasonable to let us out twenty minutes early, if all you’re going to do is jabber on about lymph nodes and dendrites or whatever the hell it is you people find so attractive about biology. That’s all I’m saying.

Page 5, Panel 1: Lyle is walking up the steps to his house; not exactly run down, but not really a fancy place, either; think lower middle-class. There’s a Pinto parked in the tiny garage next to the house, and a basketball that’s been ripped to shreds.

N.B: It’s actually been pretty easy to fool my dad into thinking I’ve been going to school. I get home a full four hours before he does, so all I have to do is delete any e-mails and erase any calls that have the words “failing”, “truancy” or “attacked so-and–so with such-and-such” and he spends every day thinking I’m a productive student.

Panel 2: Lyle is unlocking the door to his house, with a weary look on his face. He still has a cigarette in his mouth during all of this page. Profile view.

N.B: I’ve been suspended twice this year for fighting alone. He doesn’t suspect. Not even a little.

Panel 3: A big panel, the focus of the page. Lyle is walking through his living room to the steps to the top floor. The living room is absurdly cluttered; there are clothes lying on the floor, beer and soda cans lying all over the place, pizza boxes, magazines and DVD boxes lying all over the place.

N.B: Sometimes I just want to kill myself.

Panel 4: We’re in his room(I’ll let you decide what it would look like, given what we know about the character, the only thing is that I think there should be a desk next to his bed) The window is open, and there’s a small bird resting on the sill. This is from an over-the-shoulder view of Lyle looking into his room.

Panel 5: Lyle is stroking the small bird with his hand. He’s smiling wistfully at the little animal, as though it were a lover or a friend he identified with on every level. He’s putting his cigarette out on the windowsill, next to the bird.

Page 6: Lyle is lying in his bed, his jacket strewn over a chair. It’s a birds-eye view of Lyle taking a nap, the sun streaming through the window and onto the bed. The little bird is perched on his desk and pecking at little crumbs on it. Note that it’s actually Lyle saying this in real time, and not a narrative box.

Lyle: But not today.

Page 7, Panel 1: Lyle jets up out of bed, a startled look on his face. Small panel, not much else is visible. Maybe he scares the little bird by sitting up so fast.

Box: Two hours pass

Lyle: HOLY SHIT, THE PARTY!

Panel 2: Lyle is throwing on his jacket and dashing down the stairs, the single bud of an earphone slinking down below his neck. His dad is lying on the couch with his hand over his eyes, tired.

Lyle: See you later, Dad!

Dad: Have fun.

Panel 3: Dad moves his hand away so that you can see one eye. A small panel, once again.

Panel 4: The exact same panel, but with a word balloon.

Dad: Since when has that boy had ANYWHERE to be getting to?

Panel 5: Lyle is walking down the street, nervously pulling out his cell-phone. He just walked past a streetlight, and he’s definitely out of his neighborhood and into a more urban area by this point.

N.B: Goddamn it. I don’t even know where this thing is supposed to be. Fuck me. Fuck me sideways. Where am I?

Panel 6: Lyle is walking up the steps to a house much more upper-class than he’s used to being at, and it’s evident on his face. A girl in a dress is hugging him as he walks up the steps.

Box: 20 minutes later

Girl: LYLE! I’m so glad that you made it. Jared said that you had come down with violent diarrhea and might have to stay home.

Lyle: Did he, isn’t that something…

Page 8, Panel 1: A big panel of a gigantic room, swarming with partygoers. Everyone is drinking, hanging around, having a good time. The house is money, bordering on a mansion.

Lyle: Nice, um…place you got here, Lucy. Big.

Lucy: Isn’t it? C’mon, there’s beer over in the kitchen.

Lyle: Scotch?

Lucy: Scotch is in the kitchen also.

Lyle: To the kitchen.

Panel 2: Jared, a huge, lanky skater-type, puts Lyle in a headlock. He’s holding Lyle’s head in one hand and a beer in the other. He’s clearly drunk. Lyle looks embarrassed as well as struggling to breathe, and Lucy looks slightly repulsed.

Jared: BRO!! You made it!

Lyle: It’s…nice to see you too, J.

Jared: Dude. There is something you have GOT to see upstairs.

Panel 3: Lyle is looking up at Jared, from the perspective of the back of Jason’s head. Lyle is looking slightly concerned, hoping that Jason will understand what he’s saying.

Lyle: Actually, Jared, I’m…sorta going to go get sloshed with Lucy. Whatever it is, I’m sure it can wait until after I’m drunk.

Jared: Ah, bro, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you had a thing for this chick. I’ll leave you alone. Tell me if the head is good!

Panel 4: Lyle is turning nervously from Jared to Lucy. He has a nervous smile on his face. Jared looks like he’s about to start laughing, and Lucy has her head in her hand. The party continues in the background.

Lyle: Ha, you know what, I think I’ll go with you up to the…place. Jared. Lucy, are you-?

Lucy: I’m fine.

Lyle: Awesome, awesome. Dibs on the scotch, a’ight?

Lucy: Sure.

Panel 5: From a front-view, Lyle and Jared are walking up the stairs. Lyle looks positively enraged, and Jared is as laid back as can be. There’s a couple on the stairs making out, in a sense almost adding insult to injury.

Lyle: I hate you so much I could scream.

Jared: You can’t afford to hate me, bro. I’m the only friend you’ve got who can get you into parties.

Lyle: And if you’re going to keep cock-blocking me than what’s the point of going in the first place?!?

Panel 6: A very small panel. We can see by Jared’s sleeve that he’s the one opening the door. All we see is Jared’s hand turning the knob.

Lyle(off panel): Dude, whatever this little expedition is, if it’s going to keep me from getting laid than it had better be pretty…fucking…


Page 9: A splash page. Lyle is standing in the doorway of a room filled with demonic wall-scrolls, enchantments, pages of the Bible plastered to the wall, and all kinds of other goth crap littered around(you might know this stuff better than I do, so try to make it look legitimate, but still have an air of magic about it.) A kid in a Polo shirt is being levitated by an Asian goth girl sitting cross-legged on her bed. She’s raising her hands almost as though she were cupping water to her mouth. The boy being levitated has an expression of euphoria on his face. He’s on his back, floating up and down in one place. The hands should signify that she’s holding him in the same spot. Lyle is simply awestruck, and Jason is just leaning against the wall, smug.

Lyle:…Fantastic…

Jared: Told ya.

Kid: Holy shit. Holy shit! How are you doing this?!

Goth girl: Magic, honey.

Page 10, Panel 1: Lyle is walking around the kid who’s floating, still amazed, and looking at the Goth girl. She’s turned her attention to Lyle.

Lyle: Okay, seriously…how are you doing that? I can’t see wires or anything. What’s the trick?

Girl: The trick is magic. Lord, you’re a thick bunch. My name’s Chyuk-Yi, by the way, Chuck for short. I went by “Azraella” for a couple of years, back when I was first getting into this occult shit, but about the time I turned 15 I realized that it made me sound like a character from a D&D manual and-

Panel 2: The kid in the polo shirt drops to the ground with a thud. Both Chuck and Lyle’s attentions are turned to the kid, and you can only see the back of their heads. I’d like this panel and the two after it to be organized in kind of a “stacked” formation, this one on top of the other two.

Chuck: Ah, hell. See what you made me do? You okay, kid?

Panel 3: Pretty much exactly the same panel, except that the kid is sitting up now.

Kid: Holy shit, you kiddin’? I’ve never felt better! I’ve gotta tell my friends about this!

Panel 4: Once again, the same panel, except that the kid has left the room entirely.

Panel 5: Chuck, from profile view, is locking the door to her room with a key. She looks slightly exasperated.

Chuck: What a hassle. These frat fucks are always the first to come to me for “fun”. I probably just gave that guy’s soul to the King of Spiders and he won’t even realize it until he tries to get a girl pregnant.

Lyle(off panel): That seems…harsh.

Chuck: Magic’s some trippy shit, Mr., ah…I don’t ever think I got your name.

Lyle: Lyle.

Panel 6: Chuck is walking back towards Lyle, who is sitting on the bed, her back to the reader, with Lyle looking vaguely frightened.

Chuck: Lyle. Got it.

Lyle: So, uh…why did you lock the door?

Chuck: I need to concentrate to pull off the heavy shit.

Lyle: “The heavy shit”?

Chuck: Yeah, there’s something I want to try. Hold still.

Page 11, Panel 1: Lyle’s jumped up onto his feet by now. He looks quite scared. The room has gotten a strange lighting at this point; half of all the things visible have been washed in black, including Lyle’s side and the part of Chuck that we can see. We can only see the back of Chuck, still.

Lyle: Whoa, wait. Wait a second. I’m all for experimenting with the forces of magic. I totally get that. Fuck, even I’M a little surprised at how nonchalantly I’ve taken the floating frat kid, and I think I’ve been a good sport by not running away from the crazy bitch who wants to suck out my soul.

Chuck: Yeah, you’ve been pretty cool about this whole thing, actually. Most people just kind of shit their pants at this point.

Lyle: See! Exactly my point. So, hey, I can go down and get Jared and you can try this Voodoo shit on his stoned self, alright. And then you and me, it’ll be like we never even had this conversation, yeah? Because you’ll be preoccupied with sucking out his soul or whatever crazy fucking thing you-WERE-about to do with me, and I can go on, y’know…living. With my soul.

Chuck: You talk a lot. It’s cute. Not particularly masculine, but…cute, in a shivering puppy sort of way.

Panel 2: Lyle is backing up towards the door by now, smiling nervously, with his hand on the door knob. She’s looking at him like he’s kind of stupid. From a mostly profile view.

Lyle: Alright, so now that that’s settled, I’ll just get the FUCK out of here-

Page 12, Panel 1: A close-up of Chuck. The background has gone completely red, here eyes are glassy, and the angle is three quarters, her front side facing towards the reader. There’s a green mist coming out of her hand, which she’s holding towards the reader.

Chuck: Sit down, you big pussy.

Panel 2: The green light has wrapped itself around Lyle. He’s looking at the light as though it were a snake constricting him. Chuck is watching with her arms folded. No dialogue.

Panel 3: Now Lyle is looking at Chuck in a way that bespeaks skepticism. She’s rolling her eyes at him.

Lyle: So you’ve gone from levitation to throwing ropes on people? Jesus. Most magicians will at least do a card trick after they pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Chuck: Oh my GOD, you are such a skeevey dork. No wonder your girlfriend is cheating on you, I’d be screwing other guys just out of spite at this point.

Panel 4: Lyle is staring down at the ground and away from Chuck. He’s gritting his teeth. Chuck looks sort of pleased, in a malicious kind of way. She’s touching his nose, in that cutsey sort of way that couples do occasionally.

Lyle: Go fuck yourself.

Chuck: Nah. But it’s good to see you showing something besides contempt. The Chandler act was getting a little old, anyways. Alright, now…

Panel 5: Lyle, with his bondage, has been flung to the ceiling of the room. The light has turned into more of a sticky spider-web keeping him to the ceiling than ropes or chains, as it was before. He’s hit the ceiling with a thud. Chuck has the face of a little girl who’s playfully involved in a game of basketball. She’s raised her hand up and cupped it, with the green light still coming out of it.

Chuck: …UP YOU GO!

Lyle: AGH!

Page 13, Panel 1: From a profile view, Chuck is looking at Lyle, her head tilted back, with Lyle in a rage. The room has gone smoky with the green light.

(Note: I want the first three panels to be pretty small. The last three should be the focus of the page)

Chuck: Now, if we’re quite done beating around the bush-

Lyle: WE?! Fuck you! Get me down from here!

Chuck:…if we’re QUITE done, I want to try something. I want you to think about a girl you’ve always wanted to fuck, but you never got the chance to, either because of her big stupid boyfriend who would’ve pounded the hell out of you, or you were just too much of a chickenshit to ask her out. Which, in your case, I’m imagining won’t be too hard to visualize.

Lyle: Holy Christ, I’m on the ceiling. I’m on the fucking ceiling.

Chuck: I know you are. I put you there. Now do what I just said or you’re going to get your spirit torn in half. Like, seriously.

Panel 2: A small picture of Lyle closing his eyes and keeping them shut tightly, screwing up his face.

Narrative Box: Fuck me. Fuck me in the TEETH.

Panel 3: A smaller panel, focusing on Chuck’s whole body and only Lyle’s face, in essentially the same situation.

Chuck: Although that might happen anyway.

Lyle: You’re a bitch.

Chuck: So noted.

Page 14, Panel 1: A close-up of Lyle’s face. His eyes a squinted shut very tightly, and he’s gritting his teeth. He’s being surrounded by man-headed mosquitoes buzzing around him. One is crawling into his ear. There’s another speech balloon, off panel, with Hieroglyphics being spoken instead of words. The background has degenerated to a smoky black.

Narrative Box: Oh Jesus. Oh my fucking Lord. There’s something in my ear. Oh no. Oh no no no no no no no-

Panel 2: Lyle is being surrounded by fire, and there are those freaky mosquitoes crawling around on his face. His teeth are still clenched but his eyes are wide open now. There’s a hand made entirely of bone lifting up the part of his shirt that’s showing from the netting, the hand coming FROM the netting. The hieroglyphics are still there, but they’ve changed to different hieroglyphics.

N.B: I have to say something. I have to get her to shut up. I don’t even care if she kills me later I just need her to stop talking. I don’t want to die here. Please, Jesus, not here.

Panel 3: The bony hands are now cradling the side of his head, and the flames have formed into a python that’s slithering around his neck. The mosquitoes are flying out of his mouth now, which is wide open, screaming. He’s completely terrified now, and even the Egyptian words should have melded themselves into the background by now.

N.B: I can’t do this. I hate myself. I want to die. Something’s happening to me. Something is happening! I want it to stop! I WANT IT TO STOP!

Lyle(in enormous font): I WANT IT TO STOP!!

Panel 4: A black square.

Page 15, Panel 1: A blurry image of Chuck looking down at Lyle. We’re still in her room, so that should be made obvious to the discerning eye. This should be shown from Lyle’s viewpoint.

Chuck: Hello? Are you alive?

Lyle: God in Heaven, I hope so. Hell’s a pretty crappy place to be.

Panel 2: Pretty much the same panel, except in focus.

Chuck: Yeah, no shit. That went a little bit worse than most of them do. Tell you the truth, I was freaking OUT.

Lyle: Well, it’s nice to know that I’m in responsible hand-

Panel 3: Lyle is leaning over into a pail that was placed next to him and vomiting. Chuck is leaning down next to him and patting him on the back.

Lyle: HUUUUARRRRGGGHHHH!

Chuck: Yeah, I know, baby, Hell sucks. That’s why the pail is here.

Panel 4: Lyle leans his head up from the bucket, looking scared and on the verge of hysteria.

Lyle: Oh, Jesus. That was the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. That’s not something…not even the dudes on Death Row deserve that. NOBODY deserves that. I’m not ever going to…oh Jesus Christ in Heaven. Our Father…

Panel 5: Lyle is bending down in prayer, next to Chuck’s bed. She looks panicked, rushing over to bring him up from praying. It’s right about now that the reader should be able to see a chain running from the bottom of Lyle’s arm, down into an undisclosed location in the room.

Lyle: OurFatherWhoArtInHeavenHallowedBeThyNameThyKingdomeComeThyWillBeDoneOnEarthAsItIsInHeaven-

Chuck: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!

Panel 6: Chuck dives into Lyle, knocking him sideways and smacking his head into the wall.

Lyle: Ahh! What the hell?!

Panel 7: Chuck is looking at Lyle in a harsh manner, with Lyle looking confused and still flustered from his trip to hell. The shot is from partially behind Lyle’s head. We can still see the chain, but once again, don’t make it a totally obvious feature.

Chuck: I appreciate that you just had a near-death experience, but that was just a TASTE of the shit that you’ll have to go through if they catch us.

Lyle: “They”? Who’s “They”?

Chuck: The CMI, that’s “They!” Look…think of it this way: Performing an act of black magic and then praying afterwards is like calling the cops after you pull a bank heist. That’s not even really the issue at hand here, okay?

Page 16: A giant one page panel. Somebody who looks very much like Lyle is lying on the floor, spread-eagled, with a chain leading from his hand to Lyle’s. The guy on the floor has a top hat, steel-toed boots and a mod jacket on. His jeans are slashed to pieces and he’s wearing an eye-patch. His mouth is hanging open. Lyle looks downright confused, and Chuck seems to be more worried than anything else.

Chuck: Let’s just get Jimmy here back inside you before he wakes up.

Page 17, Panel 1: A small panel. Nothing is visible except for the guy on the floor opening one of his eyes and shutting his mouth into a grimace.

Panel 2: Lyle and Chuck looking frightened. Also a small panel.

Panel 3: This guy who looks like Lyle sits up uneasily and starts scratching his ass. He looks like he’s just rolled out of bed, his top hat starting to slide off the side of his head, displaying patches of dark red hair. It’s from the back of Lyle and Chuck; we can only see their silhouettes from behind.

Jimmy: Jesus bike-riding Christ, is my ass sore. Feels like I’ve been living in some punk’s ribcage for about fifteen years.

Panel 4: Kind of a small panel, though not as small as the first. Jimmy is looking over in Lyle and Chuck’s direction contemptuously. He’s displaying his teeth at this point, which are, surprisingly, gleaming white.

Jimmy: Oh, wait…that’s EXACTLY what I’ve been doing, isn’t it? There any alcohol here?

Lyle: Well…we are at a party, so, probably…

Panel 5: Jimmy jets up and swings open the door. Chuck is looking at Lyle like she can’t believe what he just said, from a distance. The chain is stretching relative to distance.

Jimmy: Not “Mr.”, kid. Doctor. I’ll see you humps at the wine cooler.

Page 18, Panel 1: A close-up of the side of Lyle’s face. Chuck is almost screaming at him. Lyle looks equal parts contemplative and uncomfortable.

Chuck: You MORON! Didn’t I say, “Let’s get Jimmy back inside you before he wakes up”? Did I SAY, “Let’s expose Jimmy to alcohol”, or even better, “Let’s cut out the middleman and just burn down the fucking house”?

Lyle: …Doctor? Oh my Lord-

Panel 2: Chuck has grabbed Lyle’s hand and they’re both running out of the room and down the hall. The door to her room has been slammed open in their haste, and there are partygoers looking at the two of them run down the hall.

Lyle:-did I just talk to Doctor Jimmy? From Quadrophenia? The Goddamned WHO album?

Chuck: No, what you did was tell Doctor Jimmy where the booze was. And if you want to get technical about it, he’s not Doctor Jimmy, he’s Doctor Lyle. I was just being cute.

Panel 3: They’re both racing down the stairs at this point. Chuck looks agitated and forward, and Lyle looks like he just wants to know what’s going on, with maybe some fatigue mixed in, given the running.

Lyle: WHAT?!

Chuck: What I did up there-and it’s admittedly something I hadn’t done before-I separated you from the part of you that’s…he’s hard to describe. He’s all the malice and hatred you’ve tucked away over your lifetime. But he’s more than that, he’s more like a-I don’t know, I guess “inner demon” is the best way to describe him, clichéd as that sounds.

Lyle: And when do you think would have been a good time to tell me this, you psychotic bitch?!

Chuck: I didn’t even think it would work! NOTHING works the first time you try it! I just-

Word balloon(from off-panel): Hey, asshole! I’m talking to you!

Page 19, Panel 1: Lyle and Chuck have pushed their way through a crowd of people to see Doctor Jimmy standing in front of a guy who’s playing a video-game from a barker lounger. He’s actually the jock from earlier in the day, who threw the can at Lyle while he was playing in the park. A small circle has formed around the two of them by this point.

Doc: I asked you a question: Where’s the booze?

Guy: Can you quit being a douche-bag and step away from the T.V? I can’t see the scree-

Panel 2: A profile view of Jimmy’s leg kicking backwards into the TV screen, smashing it open.

Panel 3: From kind of far away, we can see Lyle surveying the scene with horror and Chuck with worry/puzzlement. Once again, Jimmy is standing in front of the guy playing the game. The jock looks downright enraged, and the crowd is in a state of shock. The view is from behind Doctor Jimmy, and for the first time we can see something wrapped in cloth hanging from his back like a back-pack.

Jimmy: I’m just going to ask once again, you little cum-stain: Where’s the alcohol? You have this one opportunity to tell me, or else I will take these steel toed boots of mine and I will smash my foot into your genitals, if you continue to be disrespectful towards me.

Jock: That’s it-

Panel 4: The jock throws a punch at Doctor Jimmy, which is swiftly dodged.

Jock: You’re fucking dead!

Doctor Jimmy: You know, your girl’s a virgin.

Panel 5: Only thing shown is the lower half of both of their bodies: Jimmy, from behind, kicks the jock in the crotch with one massive, swift motion, that’s obviously using a lot of his force.

Jimmy: Guess I’ll have to be the first one in, huh?

SFX: CRUUUUNCHHHH

Panel 6: The jock is lying on the ground, clasping his groin. Jimmy has one boot on his chest. The crowd is still in a state of complete shock. The panel is from a top-down view. Doctor Jimmy is looking around at the crowd.

Doctor Jimmy: Nah, I’m just kidding, your girl isn’t a virgin. I’m still gonna fuck her, though.

Page 20, Panel 1: Jimmy is looking around the room still, but he’s stepped off of the jock. He’s walking around now, still looking at the stunned partygoers.

Jimmy: C’mon, kids. This is a party, innit? Let’s have some fun! Don’t let this little turd ruin EVERYBODY’S good time, eh? The ball-smashing was a bit over the top. True, true. But live and let live, huh? Even if it’s not really living without the hackeysacks. Huh? Am I right, fellas?

Panel 2: A close-up of Jimmy’s face looking around at the rest of the party, utterly contemptuous.

Panel 3: Jimmy starts to walk towards the kitchen. Everyone is still looking at him, scared.

Jimmy: Ah, fuck the lot of ya. I’m gonna fix myself a stiff drink, then get the fuck outta here. You kids got no idea how to have fun.

Panel 4: Just a shot of Chuck and Lyle among all of the gaping faces. They’re both looking frightened, Lyle moreso than Chuck.

Lyle: Chuck…this guy is a monster. We have to get him out of here-he’s going to kill somebody.

Chuck: I agree, but he just said he was going to leave soon. Maybe nothing else bad is going to happen-

Page 21, Panel 1: Taking up most of the page, a shot of the front door to the house.

Voice(from behind the door): Police! We have reports of a domestic disturbance from this address! We’re coming in in three..two…

Panel 2: A small panel, of Doctor Jimmy’s face whirling around. One hand is reaching behind him to grab whatever’s in the cloth container on his back.

Jimmy: Cops…

Panel 4: A shot of a frightened girl’s face, small, in the corner.

Girl: OH MY GOD, HE’S GOT A GUN!

Page 22: One big shot of Doctor Jimmy pointing the shotgun outwards. The background has turned into a big, featureless blob of red. Jimmy has a cigarette in his mouth now, the smoke contrasting with the red. The only other figure in the shot is Lyle, connected by the chain, far in the background.

Jimmy: I hate cops.

SFX: Ch-Chk!

Narrative Box: Shit.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: